Hello! It’s been a busy few months following the launch of my first kids recipes for busy mums cook book so taking a little break to do some writing on this platform. God bless LagosMums and all yummy mums out there!
So this feature is one of my children’s favourite pasta dish. I have added colours using their favourite vegetables (peas, carrots and sweet corn). We the adults also enjoyed it so here goes…
It’s about keeping all the nutrients locked in!
For this simple recipe (family of 4), you need….
- 200- 250g pasta
- 1 pack of ham (cut into small squares)
- Handful of mixed vegetables (peas, sweetcorn, carrots)
- Pack of grated Cheese
- Small handful of plain flour
- Small glass of milk
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Herbs, Spices and Seasoning:
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp. basil (or some fresh efirin),
- black pepper (dash),
- little knorr chicken cube
- salt to taste.
TIP: Depending on the size of your family, you may need to adjust the quantities.
RELATED: How To Make Vegetarian Rice
- Put pasta in a pot, add cold water till it covers the surface. When it starts to simmer, add dash of olive oil, I bay leaf, little knorr seasoning (optional) or salt to taste.
- When almost cooked, remove from heat and drain off water in a sieve. Allow to stand
- For the cheese sauce…
- Bring a small sauce pan to the heat, melt butter,
- Stir in the flour for 2 minutes on low heat
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce. …
- Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and white pepper.
- Stir in cheese and allow to melt.
- In a clean oven dish, grease with a little olive oil
- Add the cooked pasta, mixed vegetables, chopped ham, cheese sauce
- Mix together
- Add more grated cheese to top it up
- Finally, place in the oven at 180°C for at least 10 mins.
- Change to grill for 5 minutes and its ready
From my kitchen table to yours….try the recipe, tag @trayceesfoodfashion and @lagosmums if you are on Instagram and let’s celebrate the love for food.
Traycee x x x
Author 2016- Tasty Kids recipes for busy mums cook book