Our recipe for this week is Banana Bread, and we will be taking you through how to make it. This cake-like bread is perfect for breakfast or just to snack on. Grab yourself a cup of tea with banana bread and you are good to go. Christmas is round the corner and you might want to make some snacks to entertain guests with. You could serve it as desert after Christmas lunch with some warm custard or ice cream. Depending on how sweet or moist you want it, just tweak the sugar level and how much over ripe bananas used.
- Plain flour, 3 cups
- Banana, 3 pcs
- Butter, 8 tbsps
- Eggs, 2 pcs
- Vanilla essence, 1 teaspoon
- Milk, 1 cup
- Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas in bowl (it is best to use overripe ones). In a large bowl, mix the ½ cup butter and ¾ cup sugar. Whisk in eggs, vanilla essence and ½ cup milk until well combined. Add in the bananas and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Do not over mix but ensure they are incorporated well. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Allow to bake for about 1 hour. To check if done, insert a toothpick and it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to a wire rack.
Read Also [ How to make Turkey with plantain stuffing ]