Hello Mums! Rainy days are here, a freshly baked banana bread with a hot cup of tea, might just drive the cold away. This cake like bread is perfect for breakfast or just to snack on. Grab yourself a cup of tea with banana bread and you are good to go. Depending on how sweet or moist you want it, just tweak the sugar level and how much over ripe bananas used.
3 cups plain flour
3 pcs banana
8 tbsps butter
2 pcs eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas in bowl (it is best to use overripe ones). In a large bowl, mix the ½ cup butter and ¾ cup sugar. Whisk in eggs, vanilla essence and ½ cup milk until well combined. Add in the bananas and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Do not over mix but ensure they are incorporated well. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Allow to bake for about 1 hour. To check if done, insert a toothpick and it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to a wire rack.