Our recipe this week is how to make catfish pepper soup; a very popular pepper soup in Nigeria, West Africa. It’s a special week for everyone as we celebrate the husbands, fathers and father figures in our lives.
Make a hearty family meal with this easy catfish pepper soup recipe to celebrate and show him love. It is an easy to prepare meal the whole family can enjoy. You can also involve the children in the preparation. Let the aroma of good food and love fill the air as you celebrate father’s day.Ingredients
- 1 medium sized catfish (cut into 4 or 5 pieces)
- Scent Leaves
- 1 Cubed Seasoning
- Dry Pepper
- Ground Crayfish (optional)
- Pepper soup Spice Mix (Please note when you go to the local market, you can ask for pepper soup ingredient. It’s been blended and mixed together for use).
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion bulb
- Place the cleaned fish in a pot (the pot should not be too small or big so that all the ingredients can be infused into the fish).
- Pour water into the pot (ensure that the fish is well submerged into the water).
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pot and place on medium heat.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Your catfish pepper soup should be ready to serve now. You can take it with agidi/eko or better still, serve as an appetizer before the main dish. You can also eat your delicious catfish pepper soup alone without an accompaniment.
Happy Father’s Day! Photo form Information Nigeria
Another hearty father’s day recipe you can try out is the Etikeni Mmong Ikong