Our recipe of the week is Oatmeal Cookies. These Oatmeal Cookies are filling, yummy and easy to make. If you have a few oatmeal cookies and tea or coffee in the morning, you will ready to face the day. Oatmeal contains lots of fibre and it is exactly perfect if you’re a part of the fit fam squad.
[Recipe: How To Make Ofada Rice And Sauce ]
- ¾ cup Wheat flour
- 3 cups Oats
- ¾ cups Plain flour
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- Handful Raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Eggs (2)
- 1⁄2 cup Butter
- 1⁄2 cup Shortening
- Handful Coconut Shavings
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, with a whisk or by hand, beat butter and shortening (or just butter if you are using only butter) for 40 seconds
3. Add sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the butter. Mix and beat until properly combined.
4. Add eggs and vanilla essence and beat some more.
5. Add wheat flour, all purpose flour and oats gradually and mix with a spatula till well combined.
6. Add raisins and coconut shavings and mix some more.
7. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop a small amount of dough and place on a baking tray
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes
9. Take out of the oven, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool before eating.
Watch the video here