Hey Mums! have you ever tried this recipe? If you’ve not, you’re about to be amazed. If you have, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t this way. This particular recipe has a different twist to it, you’re going to love it. Did I hear you say stressful? Oh no, it’s fun and exciting to prepare! You are definitely in for a treat! .
The Nigerian Coconut Rice, prepared with coconut milk extract, is sure to wake up your taste buds. Accompanied with shrimp, it’s a delight.
This Coconut rice is called the Rice with a twist! It feels good to see the looks on your kids or hubbys faces when they realise you didn’t just serve them the good old Jollof Rice.
The following quantities of ingredients served 4 people.
– Coconut 1 big ball
– Rice 3 cups
– Onions 2 bulbs
– Maggi Naija Pot 4 cubes
– Groundnut/vegetable oil half cup (150ml)
– Shrimps 20 small
– Pepper 5 pcs
– Grinded ginger and garlic 1 teaspoon each
– Green peas and carrots (optional)
– Start by breaking the coconut then grate the coconut with a greater. Add a cup of warm water and then squeeze out the white water (coconut milk) which is needed for the preparation of coconut rice. Filter the squeezed out milk and set aside in a bowl
– Parboil three cups of rice
– Grind the onions, or you can slice it if you like.
– Heat up pot, add half cup (150ml) of vegetable/groundnut oil.
– Allow heating for at least 90 seconds before adding the ground or sliced onions. Now fry and stir.
– Add chopped pepper, ginger, garlic and allow frying for some min.
– Add the coconut milk and Maggi Naija Pot
– Allow to boil before adding the rice, cook until it is very soft for consumption (say 40 minutes or there about).
– Add your shrimp (precook the shrimp separately and peel them if you like)
– Put in the green peas and carrots (optional)
– Once the rice is soft enough to your desire, go ahead and serve hot.