Our recipes this week are avocado smoothie and avocado toast. Avocados can be eaten raw or prepared and used in foods. It is rich in Vitamins C and E and both vitamins are said to contain antioxidant mineral which helps in slowing down the aging process and maintaining healthy skins. It has a buttery taste that children love.
There are different ways to eat Avocado, however, these are two of our favorites. This delicious, bursting-with-nutrients Avocado Smoothie as seen on All Nigerian Recipes will make your skin look so smooth and supple and the Avocado toast is an easy-to-make nutritious recipe found on 1qfoodplatter. With these recipes, you are breakfast-ready!
Nourishing Avocado Smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1 ripe and firm banana
- 2 tablespoons Quaker Oats
- 1 tin Peak Evaporated Milk
- Whole milk
- First, grind the quaker oat to make it smooth (you can use it as it is)
- Soak the quaker oat in water for 5-10 minutes
- Cut the Avocado and Banana into little pieces
- Pour the ingredients n a blender in this order; Avocado first, followed by your banana then the quaker oat and tin milk
- Blend until you get a smooth consistency you like
- While you’re blending, pour in your whole milk through the space on the top of the blender
*If you do not have whole milk, use apple juice or mix 2 tablespoons of Peak Milk Powder with a glass of water.
Did you miss our recipe for last week? No worries, here is a recipe on how to make Gizzapotatododo. Enjoy!
This is a great and healthy mixture to pair with bread for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- 1 Avocado
- A handful of Spring Onion
- 1 firm Tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mayonnaise + Ketchup mix
- Split open the avocado
- Add some sardines, spring onion, and parsley
- Slice the tomatoes and add it
- Sprinkle black pepper and add a little Mayo + Ketchup mix to moisten things up a bit
- Pair with bread