Our recipe of the week is Fruit and Chicken Salad. Vegetables are very essential everyday because of it’s immense loads of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Augustsecrets Fruit and Chicken salad is a perfect shift from the regular salad, and will certainly wow your children. The taste of raisins, chicken, strawberries, and cabbage mixed together cannot be described with mere words! This healthy meal is perfect for dinner, lunch, breakfast, dessert, and for baby and toddler food.
- Some grilled/ roasted chicken (any part is ok)
- A handful of sliced cabbage
- 1 fried fish (optional)
- 1 piece green pepper
- 3 carrots
- Some grapes
- 4 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon raisins or dried fruits (Ask your baking goods store)
1. Clean all ingredients and get them ready. This salad is made easily with prepared ingredients. Grill/Fry/Roast your chicken. Slice the cabbage. Grate the carrots. Shred your chicken into tiny pieces.
2. Cut the fruits into halves. Strawberries, grapes, and so on.
3. Mix all together in a large bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice in it.
4. Add the raisins, sweetcorn and mix again.
5. Your salad is ready. Serve with or without cream or mayo. This one has no mayonnaise and older kids and adults can eat this as well.
How to prepare the Fruity Chicken Salad for Babies and Toddlers
This salad is great for babies and toddlers as well. But if your toddler is a fussy eater, he may not take it just like that. So the best way to get them to eat it is to BLEND THE SALAD. Yes, but never blend the salad with cream. All the items in the salad are suitable for babies from 8 months.
Recipe for Babies
1. Blend 1 tablespoon of the prepared salad with little water into a coarse paste.
2. Place a saucepan on heat and cook the paste for about 3 minutes with 1 teaspoon of groundnut or coconut oil.
3. After it is done. It is now ready to serve to baby.
For Fussy Toddlers
The same salad that was blended and cooked for babies, will be blended for fussy toddlers too. They need the nutrients in vegetables.
1. Blend 2 tablespoons of the salad
2. Mix with noodles or pasta when cooking.
There you have Noodle Fruity Salad! and everyone in the family happily eats his/her portion of the salad. Enjoy