This recipe for how to make potatoes and chicken is inspired by a meal that is easy and quick to make. Potatoes and Chicken is nutritious and has various food groups mixed in together. It is an excellent idea for a main course meal. Enjoy this potatoes, vegetable and protein meal made in the oven. You can easily change the ingredients by using Irish potatoes or yam. You can also decide to replace chicken with boneless fish like salmon and there is no limit to the vegetables you can use.
- 6 – 8 medium sized sweet potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- Mixed vegetables – carrots, green pepper, corn (your choice of preferred vegetables)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Seasoning of your choice.
- Pre-heat the oven
- Season the chicken and arrange in a baking dish or oven safe bowl (for intense flavour, you can season and leave the chicken in the fridge for 30mins to an hour before use).
- Arrange the cut up potatoes in the bowl
- Combine the seasoning with the potatoes and chicken
- Add in the garlic and chopped onions.
- Add in the vegetables
- Sprinkle the entire combination with the olive oil
- Put the bowl with the contents into the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. This should take about 25 – 30 minutes.
Bring out your Potatoes and Chicken meal form the oven and let it cool down. Serve potatoes and chicken with fruit juice of your choice or any other drinks you desire. Voila! Enjoy this delicious meal over the weekend with family.
You can also check out this Recipe for Catfish Pepper Soup