Our recipe for this week is red velvet cake! Red velvet cake is one of the most popular among the flavoured cakes presently trending. Have you had a taste of it before? If you have not, you are seriously missing a heavenly savour. Red velvet cakes are so fluffy and very physically alluring. Regardless of how luscious and delicious red velvet cakes are, not everybody can work with the ingredients to make them. In this post, you will learn how to bake a red velvet cake within 30 minutes. In addition, you will also learn how to make a buttermilk.
We will be making use of Cakeflair’s cake mix. Before now, getting a ready-made red velvet cake mix was a problem for Nigerians. However, Cakeflair – an indigenous brand who was the 2019 winner of Eko Chocolate Chef Challenge – has set out to mitigate this problem by producing and making red velvet cake mixes with no commercial additives available for Nigerians. With this cake mix, all you need to bake a red velvet cake is to follow in easy steps illustrated below.
Check here for your Cakeflair red velvet cake mix.
- Cakeflair’s Red Velvet Cake mix.
- Eggs, 2.
- Vegetable Oil, 1 cup.
- Vanilla flavour, 2 teaspoons.
- Powdered Milk, one-quarter cup.
- Vinegar or Lime juice, 4 teaspoons.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Grease your cake pan or cupcake tray with liners.
- Make use of a large bowl to add your; Eggs, vegetable oil, water, and vanilla flavour.
- Stir them well together till they are well mixed (about 30 strokes).
- Empty the vanilla cake mix in the large bowl containing the egg mixture, then stir to form a cake batter.
- Add your buttermilk to the cake batter and stir (read the instruction below on how to prepare a cup of buttermilk).
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan or cupcake tray, and allow the cake to bake for 25 minutes.
- Your red velvet cake is ready to eat.
How to make One Cup of Buttermilk
- Add your quarter cup of powdered milk to your cup of water
- Add your vinegar or lime juice, then stir.
- Your buttermilk is ready.
Read Also [How to Bake Vanilla Cake]
We’ll also like to introduce a special challenge for our kids, courtesy of Chef Jul’s Cakeflair: it is the National Kiddies Baking Challenge!
Introducing: National Kiddies Baking Challenge (NKBC 2020)
The Chef Juls’ Cakeflair National Kiddies Baking Challenge is a summertime initiative designed to recognize children’s creative abilities. Conceived during the pandemic to help children form happy childhood memories through baking. Since staying at home has become the new normal, our children have been on lockdown much more than their mummies and daddies. So we decided it will be a great time to spice their home activities by bringing to them this great stimulating challenge: BAKING!
Our aim is to give them guilt-free happiness with our 1st ever NATIONAL KIDDIES BAKING CHALLENGE as many kids as are interested are welcomed to participate. However, they must be within the ages of 6 and 16 years old.
How the Competition works
To enter, participating kids will:
- Follow @Cakeflair on Instagram.
- Like the NKBC2020 post.
- Go to any of following super stores; Shoprite, Blenco, Ebeano, Super Saver near you or Cakeflair Outlet and get 2 cakemixes made by Cakeflair.
- Post a one minute video introducing yourself and what you bake with the cakemix, using the hashtag #NKBC2020.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (Cakeflair TV).
- Age bracket: 6 -16 years old.
How to Win
- Invite your friends and followers to like your video and follow @cakeflair.
- The top ten winners will be selected.
- The video with the highest number of likes will be announced as the grand prize winner of:
- A DEEP FREEZER!!!
- A superb birthday Cake from Chef Juls and
- Books from Clever Clog Books
If you dont win the grand prize, you can be among the nine lucky winners.
- 1st runner up wins:
- A Cake Mixer By Lagos Bake Tools
- A whipped cream birthday cake by Chef Juls and
- Books from Clever Clog Books
- 2nd runner up wins:
- Decorating tools (mini muffin pans, sprinkles, piping bags, tip set) by Kogsy Sugarcraft Centre
- A “Pick n Go” birthday cake from Chef Juls and
- Books from Akada Books
- The seven others will get consolation prizes.
- Parents can represent their kids by following and our page and liking this post
- This Competition extends till September 30, 2020