Our recipe of the week is Jollof Rice Cupcake with Plantain toppings. This recipe is delicious and rich with flavor. It is also a great way to make use of Jollof rice leftovers. Have fun and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
Hello foodies, as you know, August is the month of Jollof and as we countdown to World Jollof Day, we would be sharing with you exciting twists to making a #naturallytasty Jollof rice. The first in our countdown is the mouth watering Jollof rice cupcake with mashed plantain topping. We love this recipe because it is rich in flavour especially when cooked with the new Knorr classic seasoning powder. Click the link in our bio to watch the full video. Try this recipe and share your experience with us. #NaturallyTasty #100%Natural #Knorr #JollofRoad #KnorrJollofDay
- 300g Ground beef
- 1 pc(s) Egg
- 1 Sachet Knorr Classic Seasoning
- ‘1.5 cups Jollof rice
- 3 pc(s) Ripe plantain
- 2-3 tbps Butter
- 100ml Milk
- Pepper Sauce
- Put your ground beef into a dry bowl.
- Lightly beat your egg and add to the ground beef.
- Add your knorr classic seasoning powder.
- Put in your cups of jollof rice. Mix them all together with spoon.
- Mould the mixture into a cupcake-like shape with your hands, so as to fit into your cupcake pan.
- Allow to bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180*C
- Peel your ripe plantain and cut into a least 3 places to fit into your pot.
- Boil in water for 30 minutes to soften.
- Put your boiled plantain in a bowl.
- Add your butter and mash both together.
- Add your milk and mix together.
- Put your mixture into a piping bag and nozzle.
- Take out your Jollof rice cupcake, put your pepper sauce on it.
- Pipe your plantain mash in a swirly shape on top of the pepper sauce.
READ ALSO [See more Recipes here]