I watched a cooking show on Ebony Life which showed how to make a groundnut stew and plantain meal. It did look quite tasty and I looked for how to make it at home. Here is a recipe on how to make groundnut stew (source Afrolems) that shows how to re-create the dish at home.
- 1.5 Cups of Chopped Chicken (or any other meat of your choice)
- 1 Cup of groundnut (Blended) or 1 Cooking spoon of peanut Butter
- 1.5 Cooking spoons of Blended tomato
- 1 Chopped small tomato
- 2 handfuls of chopped onions
- Small piece of chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of Curry
- 2 cooking spoons of oil
- Seasoning of your choice
- Season and Boil the Chicken for 10 minutes with salt, pepper, seasoning, a handful of onions. Keep the stock for use later.
- In a pot, heat up one cooking spoon of oil and fry the chicken till it turns brown. Take it out and heat up the remaining oil and fry the onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic.
- Add your seasoning, curry, thyme, salt and pepper to the pot.
- Pour in the stock and chicken and cook.
- Stir in your peanut butter and allow to cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- If your sauce gets too thick, add a little water to it.
- Serve with rice or boiled plantain
photo source: foodienumnum