Our recipe this week is how to make Jollof spaghetti; it is a wonderful recipe to prepare over the weekend and enjoy with the family. I personally enjoy cooking Jollof spaghetti because it is easy to prepare and does not take too much cooking time. Have fun with this easy-to-cook recipe!
Did you miss our recipe for last week? No worries, here is a recipe on How To Make Chocolate Cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 pack of spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cubed seasoning
- 8 large tomatoes (fresh)
- 6 Scotch Bonnet (Ata Rodo. I like mine spicy but if you do not like spicy, reduce yours)
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 large onion bulb (I like a lot of onions in mine)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Curry
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- Blend your tomatoes and Scotch Bonnet with half of the onion and one garlic clove together. Do not let it be well blended so that you can see some pepper shaft)
- Place your pot on medium heat and allow the pot to dry.
- Pour in the vegetable oil. When it’s slightly hot put half of the remaining diced onion and garlic and let it fry for 1min.
- Then pour in the blended pepper, cubed seasoning, curry and thyme, salt, and let it fry for about 10mins. Stir occasionally
- When you notice that the pepper is well fried, pour in some water (enough to cook the spaghetti) and cover the pot.
- Once the water is boiling, break the spaghetti into the boiling water and let it cook for about 10-15mins.
- Once the water is almost dry, add the last part of the onion and diced green pepper. Reduce heat and let it simmer.
You can enjoy your Jollof Spaghetti with Fried Fish, Grilled Chicken, or Peppered Beef.
Photo Source: venicecafechicago.com