Do you know that you have CONTROL over your moods, feelings and emotions? Do you know that with the right doseOfDOSE you can regulate your moods, feelings and emotions? D.O.S.E stands for Dopamine; Oxytocin; Serotonin and Endorphins
In almost 2 decades as a therapist, results have shown that a healthy daily dose of DOSE i.e the body’s natural “feel good hormones” in good measure, consistently will help us ALL eliminate depressive thoughts, patterns, programs, moods, feelings, emotions, reverse symptoms and eventually, if sustained for longer, depression.
Below are 8 ways to BoostyourDoseofDOSE – Dopamine
Tip 1; Daily eat foods rich in Tyrosine like Fish, Chicken, Avocados, etc
Tip 2; EXERCISE REGULARLY to #BoostYourDoseOfDOSE
Besides boosting your dose of dopamine, exercise boosts your Energy Levels and Self Confidence. It also boosts your Sexual Libido and improves your Sex Life. It makes you healthier and reduces your Risk of Chronic Disease like diabetes, heart disease, etc. Exercise also helps you develop good Skin, Makes You Feel Happier, Helps you better Relax and improves your Sleep Quality.
It helps Improve Your Brain Health, Memory and ability to think straight and ability to concentrate and focus better, Strengthens Your Muscles and Bones makes you firmer, Increases your Pain threshold I.e your ability to handle pain and helps you loose weight and makes you fit
Tip 3 We are talking Meditation!!
Meditation is the process of training your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts into positive thoughts which ultimately have several benefits. Afterall as a man thinks so is he. Is meditation Godly? How do I meditate? Find out here
What are the benefits of meditation? Meditation helps you;
- Increase your dopamine level, which helps you love yourself and others better.
- Find inner happiness, tranquility and peace in unexplainable and unexpected ways
- Become more self and environmentally aware
- Stay calm
- Increase empathy and ability to connect better with people around you
- Develop emotional stability and Eliminate negative energy
- Dull out, time out and overcome emotional pain
- Increase your ability to focus and concentrate
- Control anxiety, worry, fear and panic attacks
- Daily meditation guarantees GOOD SUCCESS
Tip 4; Get a good Massage.
There are various benefits of a very good massage and they are as follows;
A good massage, from a good spa;
- Triggers the release of dopamine in the brain, which helps you feel good and happy with yourself
- Helps decrease cortisol levels in the body, which relaxes and restores positive moods.
- Puts you in a good mood
- Helps manage low back pain for those who are sedentary workers
- Helps people sleep better and reduce anxiety and panic attacks
- Help improve posture and poise and blood circulation which lead to better organ function
- Helps reduce stress, tension, pain in the muscles
- Helps boost energy levels
Tip 5 Always get good sleep
Sleep deprivation could limit your immune system from functioning effectively. It may also take you longer to recover from illness.
Long-term sleep deprivation also increases your risk for chronic illnesses like diabetes and heart disease. It could also increase one’s risk of developing mental health challenges such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and more.
Did you sleep well last night? How many hours of sleep do you get per night on the regular? [11 remarkable health benefits of Sleep]
Tip 6 Listen to good Soul Music
– “I don’t sing because I’m happy, I’m happy because I sing.” – William James
Studies have shown that music can improve the quality of your life in so many ways. When you listen to music that you like, your brain releases the chemical dopamine which has positive effects on your mood
Music lowers stress and anxiety, enhances your performance and health, relaxes and elevates your mood, helps you sleep better, reduces depression, helps you work better, strengthens your memory and learning, reduces pain and has been proven to improve recovery in stroke and Alzheimer’s patients.
What is your favorite genre of music and what songs do you love to play?
Tip 7: Take food supplements
Supplements can contribute to improved muscular strength, endurance and overall physical performance. Food supplements can also prevent a variety of diseases and health conditions.
Supplements like Omega H-3:
1. Boosts the immune system and detoxifies the body
2. Reduces tiredness and fatigue
3. Decreases the risk of cancer and diabetes
4. Promotes healthy bones and teeth
5. Increases psychomotor performance and the ability to cope with stress
For optimal benefit, please consult your doctor about the right food supplements for you.
In the next series on how to boost your Dose of DOSE, we’ll be learning how to boost your Dose of OXYTOCIN